More Hen House Work

We’re were losing almost one chicken per day, finding the dead one after the others headed into the yard in the morning. Then, we found the snake and decided keeping him out was going to be impossible. So, we spent most of the day Monday building a room in the room using house wrap. It is seeemingly secure. We added a few nesting boxes that the old girls are using already. And for the roosts, we used the frame of a greenhouse we had purchased, adding a few old poles from screened houses. They seem to like it although they are still getting used to roosting. I had to help them this evening, but by the time I closed the door, several of them had made it to the peak.

I wasn’t able to get a picture…too dark for even a flash. But here’s a collection of recent pictures:



Comments are closed.